"If you have someone that you think is ‘the one,’ don’t just sort of think in your ordinary mind, ‘Okay, let’s pick a date. Let’s plan this and make a party and get married.’ Take that person and travel around the world. Buy a plane ticket for the two of you to travel all around the world, and go to places that are hard to go to and hard to get out of. And if when you come back and you’re still in love with that person, get married at the airport."
- Bill Murray crashes a bachelor party and lays down some truths.
And really, just stop saying “should” to yourself about your thoughts and feelings in any context. You feel how you feel. The things in your head are the things in your head. You can’t change either directly through sheer force of will. You can only change what you do. Stop beating yourself up for who and what you are right now–it isn’t productive. Focus on moving forward."
Best relationship advice.
And with that, I am not going back to University next year. Or even the year after. Or perhaps ever. I don’t really know. I don’t really care.
Right now, I like working in a bar. I like money. And I want to travel.
Don’t study if you don’t have a career in mind. I’ve wasted too much time and money trying to make myself fit into that system because I was too scared of the alternative. But honestly, I don’t know what I want, or where I’m going… I’ve never known. I’ve gotta go find it. My heart is telling me; Tibet, Ontario, Venice, Louisiana, Cairo, Bangkok, Johannesburg, Macedonia, Stockholm, Tokyo… and everything in between.
It’s the crazy the amount of things you don’t realise you care about/are attracted to in the opposite sex.
1. Good clothes. Don’t have to be expensive, don’t even have to be terribly new. But if it looks like your mum dresses you (and she does all her shopping at Target, because she isn’t ‘paying for the brand’), girls wont be picturing you on any hot dates any time soon. Guys can basically makeover their entire wardrobe with 10 - 16 well selected, decent threads (See movie Crazy, Stupid Love). Save up the money and get some swag.
2. Good scent. Definitely does have to be expensive. I’ve fallen in love with Versace Pour Homme and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get over it. Don’t be stingy (or stinky, HAHA! Ugh, lame Jacqueline) and just go and find a good smell.
3. Alpha. Until you’ve dated one, you wont realise what you’re missing. Imagine a wolf pack. He’s in charge, people come to him for direction and advice, he’s reliable, will always
hunt and kill pay for dinner, and is totally confident and controlled when you’re falling to pieces. And he makes you feel protected because he will literally tear the face off of anyone who upsets you.
4. Open-mindedness. A guy who has the ability to try new things. Like, actually do something out of their comfort zone, despite their concerns/reservations. This also means a guy who doesn’t judge you, or others, for the way they are.
These are a few of my favourite things…